Saturday, January 27, 2007

Getting Started

I've been thinking for years about starting a blog, but never got around to it. We've done lots of interesting things in the past few years and I have lots of hobbies, therefore, lots to talk about.

My first love has to be paper crafts of all kinds. I never met a stamping or scrapbooking tool I didn't like. I love the satisfaction I get from making things with my own hands that actually stay done. Most of the rest of my life, as a stay-at-home-Mom is spent doing things that get undone. I wash, they wear; I cook, they eat; I clean, they mess. When I stamp, it stays stamped!

I also love to cook. My latest new addition is a wheat grinder and a Bosch kitchen mixer. I have hundreds of pounds of wheat that my grandparents stored for emergencies. They died, and their wheat passed on to me, being the closest geographically. There's something so satisfying about grinding their wheat into flour and baking bread for my family. It's really, in an interesting way, brought me closer to them. I think of my Grandmother and her rolls she baked for us, knowing she used much the same methods and the same wheat to bake for us. I know I think of her every time I bake and wish she were here.

That's it for today. My first post to my first blog.

No comments: