Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Thank You Cards

I haven't done much stamping lately, and I've been thinking how much I have missed it. If you want to see what I've been up to, you can pop over to my non-stamping blog here. I have become obsessed with knitting socks of late. I can't get enough of it, but I still need to make time for stamping. I was in desperate need of a few thank you cards, so I dusted off my stamps and my stamping table (literally), and got to work.


  • Paper: Papertrey White, Stampin' Up! Really Rust, Basic Grey Marrakech, Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip
  • Stamps: Verve Abundant Blessings, Inkadinkado Birds Galore, Riley Sentiments
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, and Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Kaiser Pearls in Chocolate, 3/8" Satin Ribbon in Chocolate, Gold Cord
The Marrakech paper is cut into 5 1/4" x 3/4" strips, with a space between the strips for the ribbon. I adhered the ribbon and the gold cord onto the back of the main panel, then tied smaller pieces of gold cord around the longer cord after the card was assembled. It's much easier this way than to actually tie the cord around the card, plus it wastes less cord.

I inked the bird stamp in Pumpkin Pie, then rolled the edges in Ruby Red before stamping onto white cardstock. The edges of the white oval are sponged in Really Rust, and Pumpkin Pie is sponged over the entire surface. Background is stamped in Really Rust on Really Rust paper for a watermark effect. The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Elaine M said...

Heidi - how wonderful to get a posting from you - I've really missed ya kiddo. This is a lovely card - hope to see more of you.
Hugs

Nikki said...

I would REALLY appreciate the refund you promised me for stuff I did not receive back in March..... think maybe that can happen?