Friday, September 12, 2008

Today's Limited Supply Challenge


I made this card today for the Limited Supply challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge was to make a card using some kind of technique that used only paper, stamps, and ink. Yikes!! What, no embossing powder or specialty supplies?

So, I started thinking back to cards I have done using various techniques. I was reminded of some Christmas cards I did using the Versamark Resist technique. In a nutshell, you stamp your desired images on glossy cardstock, then sponge or brayer ink over the top of the stamped images. The Versamark will resist the ink, leaving you with a series of negative images. You can use this as a background or even as a main focal image.

I started with Papertrey's Guidelines set. I stamped the lines in Mellow Moss on the glossy paper. I overstamped the lines with the decorative tiles in Versamark. I sponged over the top with Mellow Moss, So Saffron, and Always Artichoke inks. I love the way it turned, out, although next time, I would leave out the Always Artichoke, because it's a lot stronger than the other two shades.

I stamped the girl from My Favorite Things "Can Ya Dig It?" set. I stamped her in Palette Noir ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. I used my ink pads to watercolor the image and background. The colors I used are: Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Mellow Moss, and Sahara Sand. I cut around her front hand with my hobby knife and also cut out the watering can so it would look like she is holding the can. I slid the can handle between her hands and stuck it down. The tip of the can is popped up on a tiny foam dot. I also popped up the main image and the sentiment.

The burlap string and brads are from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. The designer paper is from Basic Grey's Sugared pack.

1 comment:

Anita Van Hal said...

Love this card! It has such a vintage feel to it! Thanks for sharing!