Thursday, September 11, 2008


My hubby came home from a business trip tonight and told me that one of his coworkers just had twin baby boys. Actually, the wife had the babies, but you get the drift. He was...*gasp* going to go out and BUY a card...*gasp*. I think I would die if I had to walk into a Hallmark and purchase a greeting card. I might have a seizure or something.

Anyway, I assured him that I could work up a quick card tonight, and this is the result. I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with a sentiment for the inside that fit the occasion. In Stampin' Up!'s Bundled in Love, there is a saying that begins, "A new little someone sent from above." I used a marker on the stamp and omitted the "A" at the beginning, to make it say "new little someone, then I added an "s" by hand, so it now says "new little someones sent from above." I almost broke my arm patting myself on the back. LOL

Here's the details:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Bundled in Love, Bundle of Joy, and Fancy Flexible Phrases, Papertrey Corners & Borders Circles
  • Ink: Palette Noir, Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue
  • Paper: Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue, Whisper White, and Bashful Blue
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, Nestabilities, Paper Piercer, Ribbons from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts
  • I used my Ballet Blue ink pad and watercolor brush to watercolor the giraffes. The ribbons are 3/8" polka dot grosgrain and 3/16" gingham, both in light blue.

1 comment:

Anita Van Hal said...

VERY cute! Love all the ribbons!