Monday, December 22, 2008

Yikes!!

It's kind of ironic that after my last post, I get the chance to post again about how much snow we've been getting. This is a photo of our Dodge stratus in the foreground. You can see our Suburban behind it also buried in snow. Note the amount of snow piled up against the side of the car and on top. The kid in red is our 15-year-old son Stephen.

We got a nice surprise this morning when a tree limb came crashing down off of one of our fir trees, hit another branch, taking it off as well, then skewered our car.


This is the back window of the Stratus. After we got the snow and glass cleaned off and photos taken for insurance, we tried to remove the limb, but couldn't lift it. See the next photo to discover why.

The limb skewered the window and then continued into the trunk, taking out the speaker along the way. I wonder how long the line is at the insurance agency? LOL

5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my goodness! That's some tree limb!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh girlie! I feel for you. We lost a limb last winter and it hit our neighbor's porch (cost us a bundle to get everything cut and fixed)! So far, so good for us thru this BLAST! Call me soon -hugs, michelle

Amanda said...

Wow! I can't believe how much snow y'all got out there. What weird weather for the Portland area. Wish we had some of that snow here in central Texas!

Stay warm and safe and enjoy the sights.

Lee said...

Ohhh no!!! What a bummer!!! I hope the repairs go smoothly and quickly!!!

Ann said...

Hi, Happy New year. e-mail me I think my e-mails go into spam when I send them. Ann