To make this card, I used my Cricut to cut out the DP flower, then I cut out the same size flower using the "shadow" effect in order to mat my original flower. Then I took a 6" x 12" piece of cocoa cardstock, folded it in half, then traced the "shadow" flower onto the folded cardstock, leaving a bit of the template sticking out over the fold. This allows for a flower-shaped card that is hinged at the top. I love the way this turned out, very simple, very cute (if I do say so myself), and very eye-catching!
- SU Close to Cocoa and whisper white cardstock
- Markers for coloring the image before stamping
- SU punches (circle and scalloped circle and triple flower)
- Strawberry Oregon Raindrop from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts
- Chocolate Satin Edge Organdy with Gold Stripe
- Glue dots and foam tape