Friday, July 31, 2009

My Shoebox Swap Card




I am attending a shoebox swap at my friend Diana's house tomorrow morning. I have been designing this card in my head all week but I just got around to making it today. I wanted to design something clever and different but also very simple to make. This is what I came up with:



To make this card, I used my Cricut to cut out the DP flower, then I cut out the same size flower using the "shadow" effect in order to mat my original flower. Then I took a 6" x 12" piece of cocoa cardstock, folded it in half, then traced the "shadow" flower onto the folded cardstock, leaving a bit of the template sticking out over the fold. This allows for a flower-shaped card that is hinged at the top. I love the way this turned out, very simple, very cute (if I do say so myself), and very eye-catching!

Supplies used:
  • DP-unknown
  • SU Close to Cocoa and whisper white cardstock
  • Markers for coloring the image before stamping
  • SU punches (circle and scalloped circle and triple flower)
  • Strawberry Oregon Raindrop from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts
  • Chocolate Satin Edge Organdy with Gold Stripe
  • Glue dots and foam tape
I can't wait for tomorrow morning. It's going to be a fabulous day!!

No comments: