Sunday, September 27, 2009

Halloween and Christmas Unite!!

I am in Halloween and Christmas mode this week. With the new paper lines from Basic Grey, the creative juices are flowing all over autumn, Christmas, and Halloween. I can't stop thinking about cards using these 3 paper lines...I'm even dreaming about cards!

This is a very simple card, quite a few layers, but still a fairly "clean and simple card". There are few embellishments, just the three pearls in the centers of the snowflakes. Making the triangles for the background is very easy. I just cut two squares the size I need for that layer of the card. Turning the squares diagonally on my paper cutter, I cut from corner to corner, then take each resulting triangle and cut it in 1/2 by lining the point up with the groove the blade slides in. Fiskars makes a great paper cutter to use for this, I end up with 8 triangles, enough paper for 2 cards.

Card deets:
  • Paper Papertrey white, Stampin' Up! Garden Green, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Garden Green
  • Stamps: Elzybells main image and sentiment, Stampin' Up! Snow Burst
  • Accessories: Kaiser Pearls in Bliss, Copic Markers
I just love Witchybella....just her name makes me giggle, especially when I'm in a bad mood and feeling a little Witchybella myself! LOL I cut the pieces to this card in error last year and they sat in my basket just waiting for Halloween to roll around again. Don't ask me why I couldn't just make it into a card and wait a year to share...guess the Halloween creativity was all used up last year.

Card deets:
  • Paper: Papertrey white, Stampin' Up! DP, Only Orange and Basic Black
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lovely Lilac
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Bitty Boos Too, Stampingbella Witchybella
  • Accessories: Kaiser Rhinestones in Orange, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Satin Ribbon in Orange and Royal Purple, 5/8" Grosgrain in Black, Stampin' Up! scallop border punch, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Happy Sunday, and enjoy!

No comments: