Monday, September 21, 2009

I Can't Wait for Fall!!

I have always loved the fall. When I was a kid, my favorite parts of fall were getting new school clothes, eating peaches from our neighbor's orchard while waiting for the bus, stuffing more peaches into the pockets of my coat to eat later, jumping in piles of colored leaves, enjoying the crisp air on my cheeks in the morning, and heading to school with a brand-new box of crayons.

Fall makes me feel happy now because it's fun to send my kids back to school and have a quiet house for most of the day. I love when it starts raining again. We are blessed to live in a place where we can see the storms moving through the valley. We have an amazing view, no matter the weather. I enjoy getting back to a schedule after the lazy days of summer. I love watching the colors of the farms in the valley change with the season. The blueberry fields are my favorite....the leaves of the blueberry bushes turn bright red!



I have had this kitty stamp for a while and never yet laid ink to rubber....it's about time! The stamp is called Fall Fun Kitty by Whipper Snapper Designs. I love kitties and this stamp called to me the first time I saw it. The stamp reminds me of the best parts of fall, the joy of the season, and the fleeting vibrant colors. The kitty just makes me happy, and the leaves were so fun to color! I sponged the edges of the main panel using the cutting die as a mask. The one leaf at the very top is cut out and popped up on foam tape....actually, it's there to hide a smudge, but don't tell anyone....shhhhh....

Card Deets:
  • Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designs "Fall Fun Kitty", Papertrey Ink "First Fruits" (sentiment)
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink White, Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Basic Grey Indian Summer
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug, Labels One Dies, corner rounder, Kaiser Pearls in Black, 3/8" Organdy in Rust and Gold, Burlap String in Rust, Natural, and Black, Gold Cord, Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.....I really need to enhance my Copic collection!
Hope you enjoy!

~~Heidi~~

No comments: