Wednesday, October 1, 2008


I made this great set for my sister-in-law, Lisa for her birthday. I used Stampin' Up!'s retired Bali Breeze paper for the whole set. The main cardstock colors I used are Regal Rose, Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Tea, and Tempting Turquoise. This was a really fun set to design, and she had fun getting it. She was so surprised!!

Here's the deets:

  • The handcovered jounal used Bali Breeze DP, plus Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I stamped the backround on the turquoise panel using a background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. The letters were cut out using the Sizzlets Slim Jim alphabet. I used 3/8" Orange grosgrain ribbon from our store for the attached bookmark.
  • The all-purpose card set is housed in our clear boxes. I used solid cardstock with strips of DP on the left side and then tied our 7/8" organdy around the card before mounting it to a card base.
  • The monogram card set is also in one of our clear boxes. I used two retired SU sets, Headline Alphabet and Label Classics to create the monogram.
  • The 3" x 5" memo pad is stamped using SU's One of a Kind stamp set. After stamping, I pressed the entire white stamped panel into my Versamark ink pad and embossed the whole thing using Iridescent Ice embossing powder. This technique is called "Dazzling Diamond Dust". It's a really fun way to add some sparkle to a project without making a mess and leaving glitter all over the gift recipient.
  • The little Post-It holder is also made using the One of a Kind stamp set. I just cut out the larger flower, the punched out the smaller one and used a brad to hold them together.
  • To make the pens, I used a 3.25" x 1" piece of DP and rolled it up and inserted it into the barrel of the pen. I find the easiest way to do this is to remove the bottom cap from the pen, then use the ink tube to roll the paper around. The non-roller ball end of the ink tube serves as a good tool to push the paper down inside the barrel.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Wow Heidi!!! This set is amazing!!! Gorgeous.....I totally need to make some gifts like this!!