Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ways to Use it Challenge


Oooh, was this card fun to make today. I actually made 3 cards for today's challenge. You can see the other two in my gallery at SCS.

The challenge was to make a card using quotes in a creative way. I love the Smarty Pants set from Stampin' Up!, and decided to use it today since it has such fun sayings. I also love Stampin' Up!'s Booglie Eyes set, which is now retired. I was wondering what kind of "friends" Frankenstein would have, and these two are just the type I would imagine he has hanging out at his house. This finished card measures about 6" x 4.5".

The Designer Paper I used is brand-new from Stampin' Up! and called Ghostly Greetings. The other papers I used in the card are Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black, and the inks are Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, and Adirondack Pitch Black. I stamped the friends in Pitch Black and let it dry before coloring in with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.

The buttons are from the Gentle Times Collection at Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. I threaded the buttons with our 1/8" organdy in black. I love the look I got with this!! I punched out a 3/4" circle in Pumpkin Pie and glued it to the end of my white sentiment strip, then trimmed with scissors around the circle to make the end rounded. After sticking the white strip down to the black strip, I hand cut the black to fram the orange circles. The 3/8" polka dot grosgrain and 5/8" orange grosgrain are also from our store. If I'm being honest, the jaunty angle of the sentiment strip is because I accidentally stamped the sentiment a bit crooked and I was too lazy to remake the strip. I love the look, though and some of the best things come out of accidents! LOL

Happy stamping!!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Oh so fun!! I love that Prisma coloring!!