Wednesday, October 15, 2008


My friend Diana and I needed a really quick, yet elegant favor for a church dinner we are in charge of. I came up with this simple design. This is a tri-fold project, and very easy to make.

Start with a 12" x 12" sheet of cardstock and cut it into 1/2. I used an old piece of Egglant Envy from Stampin' Up! that I had laying around. Score across the piece at 2 1/2", 7 1/2", and 8". Fold on all of the folds and glue the short flap just along the outside edges to make a pocket to hold a hot chocolate packet and a mini candy cane.

I made the top edge with an extra 1/2" width, front to back, to accommodate a baggie of marshmallows. I adhered the baggie on the inside of the top flap. I tied the packet shut with 5/8" ivory polka dot ribbon from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts.

I cut a piece of Mellow Moss cardstock 3 1/4" by 5 1/2". All images are from Papertrey Ink's Snowflake Serenade. I stamped the words in Handsome Hunter and the snowflakes in Mellow Moss. We need to make 60 of these, so we needed a super quick and inexpensive design. I think this fits the bill!

No comments: