Thursday, October 9, 2008

Time for Another Wedding


Well, another wedding in our family this year!! This time I did not get asked to make the invitations, so all I had to make was one measly wedding card. I was going for something elegant but not too formal, and I think I hit it just right!

Supplies used:
Directions:
  • I put a few (probably about 12) drops of copper ink refill on a 1/2 sheet of glossy white paper. I soaked a cotton ball in alcohol, then added 2 drops of More Mustard & 2 drops of Really Rust ink. I dabbed the cotton ball all over the paper, making sure to get all of the drops of copper ink moved around the paper. For anyone unfamiliar with this technique is called polished stone.
  • While letting that dry, I decided on the dimensions for my main panel, which ended up being 3" x 4 1/4". I cut the piece to mat it with 3 1/4" by 4 1/2".
  • After the polished stone piece was dry, I sprayed it with hairspray. Funny that more hairspray ends up on my cards than on my hair!
  • I stamped the birds and sentiment in Staz-On. I then assembled the card and it's as simple as that. The finished size is 5 1/2" by 5 1/2".

1 comment:

Lee said...

Wow is that ever elegant!!! I really have to try that technique sometime.......the bg is just gorgeous!!!