Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Cupcake Challenge for Hope Stamps Eternal


I stamped this card today for Hope Stamps Eternal's cupcake challenge. I took my inspiration from the colors on the cupcake. I've been looking for a chance to use this angel stamp from Inkadinkado. It's a large stamp, so the finished card actually measures 5" x 7". The technique used on this card is called Embossed Resist. I stamped the angel in Versamark ink on Whisper White cardstock and embossed using clear detail embossing powder. I first sponged So Saffron ink on and around the angel. Then I sponged Pretty in Pink around the Saffron. The pink turned out too bright for the patterned paper (Basic Grey Sugared), so I sponged Creamy Caramel over the pink ink, then sponged the edges in Chocolate Chip. I layered the main image panel in So Saffron and then Always Artichoke cardstock. I hand cut the top edge including the circle. The original circle, I traced with a Nestie and then cut it out. I added Antique Pink Rhinestones around the image. Sentiment is from Papertrey's Take a Bough set. For a finishing touch, I added Pale Pink 7/8" Satin Ribbon from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts.

4 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Heidi! This is just beautiful! Great job. Love the DP strips and that image is so elegant. Glad you found our challenge! Hugs,

Carolina said...

What a wonderful take on the inspiration piece - lovin' all the bling...just the perfect touch!

Rachel Hope said...

WOW, Stunning! Love the non-traditional holiday colors! The details are just amazing!

Ida said...

WOW this is divine! Love the image and the wonderful DP - Beautiful.