Monday, October 19, 2009

OK, this has to be one of my favorite cards ever! I was so crazy about the way it turned out, and I can't think of one single thing I would change about it. This kitty is one of my most beloved stamps, she's just sassy and cute, just purrfect!


I stamped the Geometric background stamp on a piece of Wintergreen (SU) DP in black ink. The "MEOWY" letters are from Retro Alphabet (SU); the "Christmas" is part of a sentiment from Wishes Awash (SU). The snowflakes stamped on the red background are from Snow Wonderful (Verve), the hat is from Holiday Sampler (SU), and the kitty, of course is from Cool Cat (SU). The kitty has Dazzling Diamond glitter on her collar and the white part of her hat.

People ask me all the time about my bows. This bow, which looks so "perfect" is actually a trick bow! I ran a piece of ribbon across the green panel and adhered to the backside, leaving just a touch of slack. I tied a piece of red burlap string around the straight piece of ribbon and snipped the ends super close to the knot. Then I tied the bow and stuck it on with a glue dot! It's so much easier to do it this way, and it looks like it was tied around the panel, plus it takes less ribbon!

1 comment:

Elaine M said...

Really like your bow technique! Gotta give that a try soon.
Hugs - Elaine Moore