Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sketch Challenge #249

I really liked the sketch challenge for today at SCS. My two cards are completely different from each other, and one of them is even flipped on it's side. What fun this sketch was!

I have loved this saying ever since I first saw it on Elzybell's website. It still makes me giggle whenever I read it.

To make the sentiment panel, I cut a piece of white cardstock and stamped the saying. I then stamped teeny snowflakes (Verve Winter Wonder) in Baja Breeze and lightly sponged the edges with the same color of ink. There is stitching all the way around the largest layer of DP.

Card Deets:
  • Paper: SU Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, and Bayou Blue DP
  • Stamps: Elzybells sentiment, Verve Winter Wonder
  • Ink: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
  • Accessories: CM corner punch, Kaiser Pearls, 5/8" Striped Organdy White/Silver, Sponge
Another card for this week's sketch challenge! I had lots of fun making this card.

I stamped the main image using Adirondack Pitch Black ink. Starting from the flower out, I used So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, and Ruby Red inks, stippling from lightest to darkest.

The sentiment says "Love is Spoken Here."

Card Deets:
  • Paper: Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Whisper White, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Tangerine Tango DP
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
  • Stamps: CTMH Treasure Life
  • Accessories: SU Border Punch, Kaiser Pearls, 7/8" Satin Ribbon

No comments: