Friday, October 16, 2009

Three Fall Leaves Cards

I made three cards last night for Splitcoast's Ways to Use it Challenge. The challenge was to make use of fall leaves. I can't believe how different all 3 cards turned out, especially because all 3 use Basic Grey's Indian Summer paper. I can't decide which is my favorite. My hubby likes the first one the best.

This card is a tri-fold faux envelope card. The finished card measures 4.5" x 4.5". The sentiment is stamped with Versamark and embossed with Black Detail powder.
  • Paper: Basic Grey Indian Summer, PTI Black
  • Ink: Versamark, Really Rust, Ruby Red, More Mustard
  • Stamps: Psalm 37:4 and Abundant Blessings (Verve Stamps)
  • Accessories: Black Detail Embossing Powder, 3/8" Black Grosgrain ($.18/yd)


What a fun card this was to make! It was thrilling to see the color of the background paper emerge through the stamped leaves as I heated the embossing powder. It was almost better than chocolate.....almost! The background leaves are stamped with Versamark and embossed with Black Detail Powder. The sentiment and gold leaf are also stamped in Versamark and embossed using Gold Glory embossing powder.
  • Paper: Basic Grey Indian Summer, PTI Black, SU Purely Pomegranate
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Stamps: Autumn, Friend to Friend (SU)
  • Accessories: Striped Organdy ($.11/yd), Burlap String ($.10/yd)
I just love perky organdy bows, they make me so happy, almost giddy and I can't help but smile! This card just gives me a happy feeling, and not least because it was very simple to make. Just layers of cardstock and a little Versamark, clear embossing powder, and a shot from a heat gun. then the fun bow!
  • Paper: Basic Grey Indian Summer, SU Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, and More Mustard
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Stamps: Fall Leaves (CTMH), Out on a Limb & Out on a Limb Additions (PTI)
  • Accessories: 7/8" Organdy in Chocolate

No comments: