Saturday, October 17, 2009

There was a fun sketch challenge on Paper Craft Planet today. It was designed to show off the background, but this idea came into my head, so I ran with it. I love it when a card designs itself in my head and turns out like I thought it would. Sometimes it designs itself right into a disaster and makes me wish I'd never started!

The birds are paper pieced, rather tedious, but worth the work. The scalloped circle at the top of the card is there to cover a slightly crooked sentiment that I stamped directly on the card. It was a happy mistake because I like the scallop there!
  • Paper: PTI White, SU Pretty in Pink cardstock, SU Designer Prints Pack
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
  • Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me and Smarty Pants (both SU)
  • Accessories: 1/4" grosgrain in Cantaloupe, Strawberry Oregon Raindrops ($1/jar)

No comments: