Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One more for the Sketch Challenge today. This one just popped in my head and begged me to make it. I sort of CASE'd myself because I made a card somewhat like this a few years ago: My Other Card, which I suppose is what gave me the idea to make this sketch using tags.

This was a bit of work to make with all of the details. I could not find a single holly stamp in my entire collection (which is huge) that was the right size and feel for this alphabet, so I drew my own. I am not an artist, but these images are very simple. I drew them in pencil first because I was fairly positive that I would mess up....and I was right. I colored the holly using Copic Markers. Then I put glue on the berries using a Quickie Glue Pen and added glitter. To make the tags edges in gold, I drew along the edges, one side at a time with a Versamarker and embossed with Gold Glimmer EP, which has gold glitter mixed in. I love, love, love the way this turned out! I added Olive Buttons laced with gold cord and natural burlap string. I left all of the layers plain with straight corners to allow the tags to be the focal point of the card.

Buttons, burlap string, Basic Grey Wassail Paper, Copics, and gold cord are from
Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts.

No comments: