Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Frosty Winter Card & An Elegant Wedding Card

Two cards were on my plate today. I wanted to make one for Taylored Expressions sketch challenge this week. I also had one to make that could serve a dual purpose. We have a wedding reception tomorrow night, and I needed to make a card for the WT challenge at SCS. The WT challenge was to be inspired by things from around the world. My card (2nd below) was inspired at first by India, and the art and colors there. In the end, it reminds me more of an Italian bistro! Either way, it's a lovely, simple card. I didn't want too many details to clutter it up.

This card is a variation on the Brayered Sky technique. You can find directions here for the Brayered Sky, which is basically the same thing except that I used stippling brushes instead of a brayer and sponges to add the colors to the sky. My sky colors are (starting with the lightest): Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Rich Razzleberry, and Elegant Eggplant. The Silver Cord and Kaiser Rhinestones are from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. Stamps are all by Stampin' Up!, Lovely as a Tree and Warmest Regards. The charm is from the line Elements of Charm by Paper Parachute.


This is an extremely simple card, the Polished Stone Background being the exception. I made this piece of polished stone last year and used the other 1/2 to make a wedding card for my brother and his wife. All I did today was to cut the corners with a corner punch, stamp the swirls (Baroque Motifs by Stampin' Up!) on using Staz-On ink, cut out the ovals with my Nesties, and stamp the sentiment (Warmest Regards by SU), and put it all together. Papers used are glossy white, Basic Black, and copper. 3/8" satin ribbon is from PHPC as well.

No comments: